FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) now requires that all facilities that holds, prepares, packs, warehouses, distributes, manufactures, bottles, cans, etc foods have a HACCP plan or food safety plan.
If you haven’t, start on yours today. This is a must.
They will probably still be finalizing their proposed rules. So taking an educated guess that there will not be a lot of audits. We recommend that you be ready for them in the later half of 2016.
* You should have programs set up for all of your preventive controls.
* You should monitor your programs and your supply chains’ programs.
* You should have a program for your corrective actions.
* You should have a program that is easily accessible for your documents.
* You should have an environmental monitoring (mentioned in this blog earlier) program.
* You should have a mock audit for all of the above.
111 people are stricken with salmonella from eating beans sprouts.
But my question is, since bean sprouts are hard to clean and really can’t be cooked if you like them on a sandwich, what do you do? Just not eat them?